The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center will conduct several blood drives across the region through the end of the month.
Blood drives will be held on the following dates and times at the following locations:
• Monday, Aug. 15: Keeseville Volunteer Fire Department, 8 Pleasant St., Keeseville, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 18: Ausable Forks Ambulance Service, 11 School St., Au Sable Forks, 3 to 7 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 19: Clinton County Advocacy and Resource Center, 231 New York Road, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 22: Twinstate, 291 Rand Hill Road, Morrisonville, 8 to 11 a.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 24: Hulbert Brothers, 390 State Route 3, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 25: Essex County Department of Social Services, 7551 Court St., Elizabethtown, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 26: Clinton County Government Center, 137 Margaret St., Plattsburgh, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Monday, Aug. 29: New York State Police Barracks, 9 Dunning Way, Plattsburgh, 7 to 11 a.m.; Peru Volunteer Fire Department, 753 Bear Swamp Road, Peru, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 30: Morrisonville Ambulance Service, 21 Banker Road, Morrisonville, 4 to 7 p.m.
Those wishing to donate blood must be in good health and must be at least 17 years old or 16 years old with parental consent. Donors must weigh at least 110 pounds. All donors must pass physical and health history examinations given prior to donation. Whole blood can be donated once every 56 days. Two units of red blood cells can be donated at one time, using a process known as red cell apheresis, which can be made every 16 weeks.
Walk-ins are welcome at all locations.
For more information, contact the North Country Regional Blood Donor Center, located at 85 Plaza Blvd., Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., at 562-7406.