DKG member Judy Corigliano, as Renaissance artist Artemisia Gentileschi, shares stories with guests at the 2012 DKG Tea With Famous Ladies.
The 11th annual High Tea with Famous Women will take place on Saturday, March 16 at the Fellowship Hall of the Peru Community Church, from 2 to 4:30 p.m. At the Tea, guests join famous ladies of all historic periods to learn about their lives, while enjoying tea, delicious sandwiches, and sweets.
The event is open to the public, and tickets must be purchased in advance, at $12 per person, by contacting Anne Bailey at 563 – 5794. Seating is limited to 100 guests.
The Tea is sponsored by the Psi Chapter of the Delta Kappa Gamma Society, International. All receipts are used for scholarships for local women entering the field of Education, or related fields. Since the first Tea with Famous Women, Society members have raised nearly $10,000 for these scholarships.
The presenters and the famous ladies for 2013 are:
• Barb Perry as Methodist theologian Georgia Harkness,
• Librarian Karen Glass of Keene Valley as Ruth Cohen, a survivor of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire,
• Ruth Mowry as suffragette Elizabeth Cady Stanton,
• Juliette Dupey as photographer Margaret Bourke-White,
• Diane Parmeter as Mother Cabrini, the first US citizen to be canonized by the Catholic church,
• Kate Dermody as Alice Paul, a suffragette who went on a hunger strike,
• English teacher Karen Bouvier as Abigail Adams, wife of President John Adams,
• Judy Corigliano as Gertrude Stein, author and hostess of a Paris salon for gifted expatriate artists.
• Melissa Bistor-Cross as Battle of Plattsburgh heroine Eliza Mooers, and Vicki Sloan as reporter Nelly Bly.
For more information, call Anne Bailey, 563 – 5794 , or email email@example.com