In managing fatigue and staying alert, good sleep habits are essential. The following 10 recommended sleep habits are suggested.
1. Keep regular sleep/wake times when possible.
2. Develop and use a regular pre-sleep routine.
3. Protect sleep time; minimize other demands.
4. Avoid work/worry in the bedroom.
5. Eat a light snack if needed. 6. Maintain a dark, quiet environment.
7. Regulate temperature for comfort.
8. Obtain a comfortable sleep surface.
9. Use relaxation techniques.
10. After 30 minutes of tossing and turning get out of bed until sleepy.
(Taken from The Well Workplace Healthletter)