The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center will conduct several blood drives throughout Clinton County this month.
Blood drives will be held on the following dates and times at the following locations:
• Friday Sept. 2, Comfort Inn, 411 State Route 3, Plattsburgh, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Sept. 6, SUNY Plattsburgh Angell College Center, 38 Rugar St., Plattsburgh, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Thursday Sept. 8, Mooers Volunteer Fire Department, 2508 U.S. Route 11, Mooers 3:30 to 7 p.m.
• Monday Sept. 12, Cornerstone Drug and Gift, 72 Champlain St., Rouses Point, 1 to 5 p.m.
• Friday Sept. 16, Chazy Central Rural School, 609 Miner Farm Road, Chazy, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Wednesday Sept. 21, Altona Volunteer Fire Department, 480 Devils Den Road, Altona, 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Friday Sept. 23, Clinton Community College, 136 Clinton Point Dr., Plattsburgh, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Tuesday Sept. 27, Meadowbrook Healthcare, 154 Prospect Ave., Plattsburgh, 12 to 3 p.m.
• Thursday Sept. 29, Beekmantown Volunteer Fire Department, 6974 State Route 22, Beekmantown, 4 to 7 p.m.
Those wishing to donate blood must be in good health and must be at least 17 years old or 16 years old with parental consent. Donors must weigh at least 110 pounds. All donors must pass physical and health history examinations given prior to donation. Whole blood can be donated once every 56 days. Two units of red blood cells can be donated at one time, using a process known as red cell apheresis, which can be made every 16 weeks.
Walk-ins are welcome at all locations.
For more information, contact the North Country Regional Blood Donor Center, located at 85 Plaza Blvd., Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., at 562-7406.