Youth featured at Sembrich event
A dozen young musicians and singers from area schools will be featured at Bolton's Marcella Sembrich Museum & Studio during the venue's annual Young Performers Showcase at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 11. The free event is designed to develop and encourage talent among youth.
A special feature this year will be Bolton Central graduate Devin DiMauro and his Saxophone Quartet. The group is scheduled to conclude the afternoon program.
Slated on the concert lineup are seven students performing on the piano, and four vocal recitals. For details, call 644-2431.
The Sembrich Museum has been open daily every summer since 1937 at 4800 Lake Shore Drive.
Bike & Art Fest this weekend!
The debut of Bolton's Bike & Art Fest is scheduled for this weekend, and the event organizers at the Bolton Chamber of Commerce have high expectations.
Set for Veterans' Park from Thursday through Saturday, June 9 to 11, the event promises top-shelf musical entertainment, a wide selection of motorcycle related accessories and garb, crafts by local artisans, food and more.
Headlining the entertainment is a performance from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday by the acclaimed American roots group, Stony Creek Band. The fest features the "Easy Rider Traveling Road Show" which is an extensive exhibit of memorabilia and motorcycles from the classic biker movie, Easy Rider.
Community boat cruise Monday
For those local folks who'd like to take a complimentary lake cruise while greeting neighbors, they've got their chance soon.
This Monday, June 13, the town of Bolton's Recreation Department and local businesses are jointly sponsoring a free cruise aboard The Mohican for Bolton residents. The cruise boards at Rogers Park at 6:30 p.m. Ice cream will be served in the town pavilion from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The ship leaves at 7 p.m., returning to the pier about 8:30 p.m. Enjoy!
Don't forget the Bolton Seniors Club's annual Welcome Back Snowbirds & Birthday Luncheon, set for Wednesday, June 15 at the Lakeside Lodge in Bolton.
Set to begin at noon, the Bolton Seniors will welcome back their "snowbird" members, or those who migrated over the winter to warmer climates and have now returned to the North Country.
• Monday, June 13 - Picnic and cruise aboard the Mohican on Lake George. Gather in Rogers Park at 5:30 p.m. for the picnic, board the boat at 6:30 p.m. for the free, town-sponsored cruise from 7 to 9 p.m.
• Tuesday, June 14 - Trip to Saratoga Racino. Call Pat Merchant at 644-9359 for a reservation or details.
• Wednesday, June 15 - Welcome Back Snowbirds luncheon, noon at Lakeside Lodge. $16. Call Pat Merchant 644-9359 or Lorraine Lefeve at 644-5279 for details.
• Wednesday, June 22 - Seagle Colony season concert preview, 1:30 p.m. at the Marcella Sembrich Studio. Lunch, noon at Frederick's Restaurant.
• Monday, June 27 - Free movie, 7:30 p.m. at the Bolton Library, Lake Shore Drive.