NORTH CREEK - October construction at Ski Bowl Park has made some significant changes to the landscape of the park as well as finished some summer projects.
* ORDA is preparing the expanded and renovated "red building" for ski and tubing season. They also built up the tubing tow line and did some grading to improve drainage along the large pavilion.
* The new lift line has been cut and concrete footings have been prepared for the base terminal of the lift.
* Across from the large pavilion, at the newly rehabilitated tennis courts, Paul Lo Guercio has just built and installed a tennis backboard with the help of his wife Dianne, and Bob and Will Nessle.
* Above the landfill area, DEC Ranger Steve Ovitt, along with several volunteers, has been occupied this summer with re-routing the Schaefer trail originally constructed by Don Greene. They are still building trails, but Steve feels confident the trail will be ready to open in the spring. Steve also reports that the Rabbit Pond Trail will pass through Frontstreet's housing development and connect to the Raymond Brook trail to allow hiking through to Chimney Mt.
* Two building projects have started at the beach. Bob Nessle, along with the help of Bob Manning, Lee Keeler, Ed Welch, and Will Nessle, has started the pipeline project to intersect North Creek upstream from the swimming pond, bringing fresh water and increasing the water depth of the pond to improve the swimming.
Keep an eye out for future improvements to Ski Bowl Park.