1. Know your body; take a serious look at your body each day.
2. Keep track of how clothes fit, which ones are tight and use these as a guide.
3. If multiple outfits don't fit, don't buy new clothes, focus on your diet and exercise.
4. Start each day in control, eat breakfast at home emphasizing simple wholesome food.
5. All day long, think about including exercise in what you do - taking stairs, parking further away, walking at lunch.
6. Include regular scheduled exercise in your day, alternating with strength building and aerobic activity.
7. Don't eat between meals, but if you must snack, eat low-calorie items like fruit.
8. At the end of the day, review how you did, both with your exercise and eating.
9. Before going to bed, make exercise and eating plans for the next day including how you are going to overcome the barriers that you faced today, and will likely face tomorrow.
(Taken from The Well Workplace)