To the Times of Ti:
According to Sept. 29s front page article School Project Approved, the bill was quoted at $23,872,700, and eligible for 60 percent state aid. Doing the math, that leaves 40 percent to be paid for by the taxpayers. Again, doing the math, that comes to $9,549,080. Yet Mr. (Superintendent John) McDonald is quoted as stating that local taxpayers are responsible for $13,660,309, equating to 57.2 percent of the project cost, not 40 percent. Am I missing something?
The new high school addition is to include rooms for technology, music and art instruction. All well and good. However, maybe they should think about a few new classrooms for math instruction?