The Bridge at the entrance to Route 9N in Keene was washed out by the flooding Dart Brook on Aug. 28.
More than 80 roads were closed to public traffic a day after Tropical Storm Irene pounded the North Country with high winds and driving rains.
Flash flooding was a major issue throughout Essex County, which had prepared for an emergency declaration on Friday, Aug. 26 and then placed it into effect on Sunday, Aug. 28.
The towns of Jay, Keene and Westport also declared states of emergency, where several brooks and rivers jumped their banks and caused severe flooding issues.
Go to Go to www.co.essex.ny.us/advisories for the latest road closures.
According to the Essex County website, Highlands Road was closed in Chesterfield, as were:
• Brainards Forge Road, Kingdon Dam Lane, Lincoln Pond Road, Megsville Road (to Goff Road) and Simonds Hill Road in Elizabethtown;
• Blockhouse Road and Gladd Road in Essex;
• Anthony Road, Bartlett Road, Carey Road, Clark Lane, Glen Road, Green Street, Grove Road, Hazen Road, Hesseltine Road, Jay Mountain Road, Lincoln Hill Lane, Nuget Lane, NYS Route 86 (Upper Jay to Jay), Rolling Mill Hill Road, Ehldrake Road, Springfield Road, Straight Road, Styles Brook Road, Trumblus Road and Valley Road in Jay;
• Hulls Falls Road, Johns Brook Road, Route 73 (at Exit 30 of Northway), St. Huberts Road, Hurricane Road and Route 9N in Keene;
• Route 10, Moss Road, Trout Pond Road (from Stowersville to Exit 33) and Wells Hill Road in Lewis;
• Adirondack LOJ Road, Route 73 and River Road in North Elba;
• Route 22 (from Sisco Street to Whallonsburg) and Youngs Road in Westport (Sam Spear Road also closed this morning);
• Route 22 (at Willsboro Mountain) in Willsboro; and
• Lenny Preston Road in Wilmington.