SCHROONLAKE-A fire gutted the second level of a two-story seasonal home in Schroon April 23.
A 911 call came in around 12:54 p.m. about a fire at the 496 Loch Muller Road residence, firefighters said.
Owner Bob Alberti and his wife exited the house after they heard crackling in the wall. There were no injuries.
Firefighters from Schroon, North Hudson, Pottersville and Minerva fire departments responded.
The fire is presumed to be accidental and have originated from a wood stove, but Essex County's cause and origin team is investigating the scene.
The home was insured.