Multiple fire departments were on the scene of a structure fire in the town of St. Armand yesterday.
Firefighters from the Bloomingdale, Paul Smiths-Gabriels, and Saranac Lake volunteer fire departments were called to the scene at about 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Soon after, more than 30 volunteers arrived at a log cabin on Dinsmore Way, not far from the River Road in Bloomingdale.
Fire officials say radiant heat from a wood stove sparked the blaze. But the swift response of local fire departments is credited for saving the home, which received minor damage to the floor.
Gerald Willette owns the home, but was away yesterday when the fire started.
Fire departments received assistance from the St. Armand Town Highway Department and Trudeau Sand & Gravel Co. Firefighters were also able to rescue two cats from inside the home.
The Lake Placid and St. Regis Falls volunteer fire departments provided standby assistance.