The Fort William Henry Hotel, overlooking Lake George, burned June 24, 1909 and it has been decided by the owners, the Delaware and Hudson Company, that it will be rebuilt. Work will be commenced in April, 1910 and the new hotel is expected to be opened in 1911.
The scheme will be Italian and the cost will be approximately $250,000. The present plans call for a four-story building which will have a capacity of about 300 people. Extensive improvements will be made along the water front, a bathhouse and probably a new way station and pier.
The prominent men of the village have been assured that taxes on the property will not be increased for the next five years.