Girl Scout Junior Troop 3193 was recently at the Grenadiers or Lotbiniere Battery, located on the grounds of Fort Ticonderoga. They were there working on their Local Lore badge. The girls received special permission to visit the Battery that is not normally open to the public. The Battery was built by the French in 1755-57 to protect the French village of craftsmen, storehouses and workshops needed to construct the fort. It is located at the tip of the peninsula. To earn the badge the girls had to interview local historians and visit local historical sites. From left are Jordyn Borho, Eryka Hayes, Elena Doolan, Kassie Gijanto, Sara Vradenburg, Frances Barry and Courtney Wranosky.