Essex County Health Department will be offering several free H1N1 Flu and Seasonal flu vaccine clinics over the next several weeks. These clinics are free and open to the public. These vaccines are available for everyone 6 months of age and older who want the vaccine, including (for H1N1 flu vaccine) those who are not in the CDC target groups.
Free H1N1 Flu and Seasonal Flu Vaccine Clinics are scheduled for:
• Wednesday, Dec. 30 at the Port Henry Knights of Columbus on 72 South Main Street in Port Henry from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Please call 873-3500 for an appointment at this clinic;
• Tuesday, Jan. 5 at the Town of Jay Community Center on School Street in Ausable Forks from 1-5 p.m.;
• Friday, Jan. 8 at the Lake Placid Center for the Arts on 17 Algonquin Drive in Lake Placid from 1-5 p.m.;
• Tuesday, Jan. 12 at Willsboro Central School on 29 School Street in Willsboro from 1-5 p.m.;
• Friday, Jan. 15 at the Ticonderoga Fire Department on 3 Montcalm Street in Ticonderoga from 1-5 p.m.
Children through 9 years of age who need the second dose of H1N1 vaccine will also be served at these clinics. The recommended space between doses of H1N1 flu vaccine is 28 days. Essex County Public Health Department will be returning to schools within Essex County.
Please call for an appointment only for the clinic on December 30th in Port Henry; you do not need an appointment for any of the other clinics.
Please look for updates on Essex County Public Health Department's website: www.co.essex.ny.us/PublicHealth or call 873-3500.