Sign-up now for free Healthier Living Workshops scheduled for Ludlow and Springfield.
Ludlow classes will be held at the Ludlow Health Center at 1 Elm Street in Ludlow, meeting weekly for six weeks from 6 - 8:30 p.m., beginning Tuesday, October 13.
Springfield classes will be held at The Meeting House on the Springfield Hospital campus, meeting once weekly for six weeks from 9:30 a.m. to noon, beginning Saturday, November 7.
Healthier Living Workshops assist people living with chronic conditions, such as arthritis, asthma, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, emphysema, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, chronic pain, etc. Participants are encouraged to attend all six sessions. Family members and friends who help participants at home are also invited to attend the workshops. The program offers a variety of fun activities in a supportive atmosphere, including:
• techniques to help deal with frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation;
• breathing techniques and guided imagery to reduce stress;
• exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
• appropriate use of medications
• how to talk with family, friends, and health professionals so they understand your needs
• how to evaluate new health treatments
For more information or to register, contact Nancy Schaefer at 885-3744 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.