Better Access to Care
* Your choice of doctor will be preserved
* The law increases the number of primary care doctors, nurses, and physician assistants to provide better access to care through expanded training opportunities, student loan forgiveness, and bonus payments.
* Support for community health centers will increase, allowing them to serve some 20 million new patients.
Better Chronic Care
* Community health teams will provide patient-centered care so you won't have to see multiple doctors who don't work together.
* If you're hospitalized, the new law also helps you return home successfully - and avoid going back - by helping to coordinate your care and connecting you to services and supports in your community.
(Provided by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)