Sandy Hill is agog over the proposed change of its name to Hudson Falls and the matter will be decided March 15, 1909 at the polls.
School No. 12 in Pottersville was closed March 1, 1910 on account of bad roads due to the weather.
In Bakers Mills, the village school is being taught this year by Miss Julia Brady of Corinth. Frank Allen moved into the house he recently purchased from John Robbins. S.W. Brooks, the moving picture man, exhibited pictures of Bakers Mills to a good-sized audience. A little son was born at the Leslie Carpenter house in The Glen.
The funeral of William A. Ross, 42, of Wevertown was held at the Johnsburgh Methodist Church Feb. 26, 1910. He leaves a widow and four small children. Burial was in the Bates Cemetery.
While unharnessing his horse, Henry Hayes of Adirondack nearly had his arm broken by the animal crowding him and bending his arm backward. He is not yet able to use it.
Lake George will be represented during the coming season by one of the fastest baseball teams ever organized there. The team will be managed by George and Alfred Solomon who are well known by baseball fans.
The state Senate has passed the bill of Senator James Emerson of Warrensburgh, providing for an appropriation of $1,500 for the erection of a suitable iron fence around the monument erected by the Society of Colonial Wars on the Lake George battleground and other improvements.
We are looking forward to "sugar snows" and a robin or two in our back yards.