BOLTON LANDING - Activities for youth sponsored by the Bolton Recreation Dept. during March, were announced this week by town recreation director Michelle Cushing.
They are scheduled as follows:
• "First Friday" dance for students in grades 6 and up will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday March 6. Come to the Recreation Center for fun, food, and friends.
• "Spring Craft Projects Day will be held from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday March 10. Youth can get ready for St. Patrick's Day by making some fun craft projects! Also, children will be creating pine-cone bird feeders to hang in their yards. All are urged to bring a friend. Children in First Grade and up are welcome to participate.
• Roller skating will be offered from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Friday March 13 at the Fun Spot in Queensbury for children in grades 3-6. Children in grades Kindergarten through 2 are welcome to attend with a parent. The cost is $4. After-school supervision is provided for those children staying until the bus leaves. Bus picks up and drops off at Bolton Central School. Sign up at the school office.
• Swimming and gym time at the Glens Falls YMCA will be offered from 12:45 to 4:15 Saturday March 14 for school-aged children and teens. Participants must be able to swim without assistance. Parental permission form is required. Swimming is from 1:30-3:30. Bus departs at 12:45 p.m. and returns at 4:15 p.m. Sign up is required by the Thursday before the trip.
• A pool tournament is to be held from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Tuesday March 18. Youth are encouraged to come and play your friends for prizes!
• Teen Only Movie Night will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday March 20. AGes 13 and up may join the gang on this afternoon for pizza, soda, snacks, and the PG-13 movie "The Dark Knight."
• "Community Trip to Gore Mountain Ski Center will be held from 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday March 21. Pricing and information sheets available in the BCS Office, the Town Recreation Center and the Town Hall. Sign up only by calling Michelle at 928-3176.
• A parent information meeting will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday March 24 in the Town Recreation Center. All are welcome to bring questions about this summer's day camp program for 1st through 6th graders.