The Rutland area CROP Walk for Hunger took place Oct. 18. Friends, families, church groups, babies & dogs were among the multitude of walkers who chose to participate in helping reduce hunger in Rutland County and around the world.
Locally 25 percent of profits gained for the walk are given to the Community Cupboard, which relies solely upon community support. Globally, the remaining 75 percent provides food to those in most desperate need through Church World Services.
Sponsors for this outpouring of support include the following area businesses: Care-A-Lot Preschool, Curves, Gilmore Home Center, Good Shepherd's Little Lambs Early Learning Center, North Business Services, and Vermont Home Theater.
Credit for the success of the event were paid to Grace Congregational Church, water station sponsors, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Immaculate Heart of Mary, Rutland Community Cupboard, Rutland Jewish Center, the Party Store and the walkers.