Southeastern Vermont Community Action is offering computer classes for those who want to enter the job market with upgraded skills, help their own business grow, or contribute in a more productive manner on the job. Computer literacy in this day and age is expected as attested to in a recent business survey in Windham County.
The following courses are scheduled at SEVCA's main office in Westminster.
• Bookkeeping / QuickBooks Technology: For those who need greater skills with QuickBooks or those aspiring for an office position as Accounts Receivable/Payable, Office Managers/Assistants. 96 hours beginning April 12.
• Basic Computers: For those in need of the fundamentals and learning the language. April 6 and 8; 1- 4 p.m.
•Word for Beginners: Learn how to create, format, set up margins and fonts, and save documents. April 13; 1- 4 p.m.
• Social Networking and Your Business: For those who want to learn the social networking strategies to assist with the growth of your business. April 15; 1- 4 p.m.
• Introduction to Excel: Designed for the beginner user (or someone who wants to learn a few more tricks). Learn to navigate the basic spreadsheet, formatting cells and columns, and creating formulas. April 20; 1- 4 p.m.
•Advanced Excel: Continues where the Introduction class leaves off. Topics include creating workbooks, using functions for complicated computations and more. April 22; 1- 4 p.m.
• Creating Marketing Materials with Publisher: Learn to create your own business cards and design your own marketing materials like fliers and brochures. April 27; 1- 4 p.m.
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. For further information contact Guy Payne, Training Coordinator, at 722-4575 ext. 154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All classes will be held at 91 Buck Drive in Westminster.