The following are among the many students with roots in northern Warren County that have been awarded recently for their academic achievements:
• Emily M. Shaw, a graduate of North Warren Central High School, was named to the Dean's List for the fall semester at Saint Michael's College near Burlington Vt.
A Sophomore History major at St. Michael's, Shaw is a daughter of Frank and Lynn Shaw of Chestertown.
• Timothy Murphy of Brant Lake was awarded a Master's degree in Music Performance last month at SUNY Fredonia.
• Albert J. Breault of Chestertown was awarded Dean's List status for the Fall semester at SUNY Canton, where he is a Criminal Justice major. Breault graduated from North Warren High School in 2008.
• Bryan A. Miller of Diamond Point achieved the status of President's List for the Fall semester at SUNY Canton, where he is a Law Enforcement Leadership major. Miller graduated from Bolton Central School in 2005.
• Carly Rhodes, a resident of Lake George, has been named to the Dean's List at Providence College for the Fall 2009 semester. Rhodes is a graduate of Lake George High School.
• Ryan Griffen of Chestertown was named to the Dean's List for the fall semester at Morrisville State College.
• Chelsea Williams of Warrensburg Rd., Stony Creek, was named to the President's List at SUNY Oswego. A sophomore at Oswego, Williams is majoring in Psychology.
The President's and Dean's lists at Oswego represent the top 26 percent academically of the student body. Students who achieve grade averages of 3.80 and above, the top 7 percent or so, are named to the President's List.
• Davida M. Paniccia of Dixon Hill Rd., Diamond Point, was named to the dean's List at SUNY Oswego. A Freshman at Oswego, Paniccia is a graduate of Warrensburg Central School.
• Michael R. Pratt of Horicon Ave., Bolton Landing, was named to the Dean's List at SUNY Oswego. A Freshman at Oswego, Pratt is graduate of Bolton Central School.