• Dennis Patchen Sr., 54, his brother Rodney Patchen, 48, and his friend Dawn Boos, 39, are all defendants in a local marijuana growing case which was scheduled to be heard Wednesday in Warrensburg Town Court. According to court records, police knocked on the Alden Ave. home of Rodney Patchen and Dawn Boos to inspect the premises for marijuana on April 22.
The officers found 53 plants growing on site.
Dennis Patchen Sr. told police, court records say, that he moved in with his brother and friend and grew the marijuana for medicinal use by another brother who had cancer, as well as for his personal use. Dennis Patchen faces a felony third-degree marijuana possession charge as well as a misdemeanor charge of unlawful growing of the plants.
Rodney Patchen and Boos both face a charge of unlawful growing of marijuana also.
• Jason Rogers, 32, of Athol Rd., Athol, appeared in court June 3 to answer felony DWI charges. and first-degree Aggravated Unlicensed Operation, a felony, and for having an open container of alcohol in the vehicle, all related to a May 29 arrest on Rocky Ridge Rd. He is in the process of obtaining an attorney, and was served by a Grand Jury notice. His license was suspended because of a prior DWI incidents, according to court records.
• Mark Zibro Jr., 23, who got out of county jail recently was in Warrensburg Town Court June 3 to answer a new charge of felony DWI and felony Aggravated Unlicensed Operation and misdemeanor Resisting Arrest after running a stop sign May 3 on River St. at Richards Ave. Zibro, of County Home Bridge Rd. in Warrensburg, was recommitted to Warren County Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail.
• Ryan Black, 19, of Warrensburg appeared in Warrensburg Town Court June 3 to answer misdemeanor charges of DWI and Aggravated DWI, based on his arrest May 3 at The Crossroads by a Warren County Sheriff's patrol officer. Black's licensed was suspended May 12 pending prosecution. Black is due back in town court July 1. His case was adjourned and he is to return to court soon.
• Former Warrensburg resident Raymond Cavanagh, 24, now of Walnut St. in Corinth was scheduled for court Wednesday to answer a misdemeanor charge of Aggravated Harassment. Court records indicate he called a person's cell phone May 9 after being told not to.
• Darrin Hartman, 40, of Smith's Bridge Rd., Saratoga, was due in Warrensburg Town Court Wednesday to answer a misdemeanor charge of third-degree Assault stemming from a May 18 incident and arrest. Police say Hartman threw a woman to the ground at CB's tavern on River St. and threatened to choke her.
• Also slated for Warrensburg Town Court Wednesday was Eugene Vanalen Jr., 42, of Smith St. Warrensburg, to answer a violation of second-degree Harassment. Vanalen is accused of grabbing a man by the arm before getting into his car at Lucky Star Restaurant on Main St., spinning his wheels and causing them to fling gravel at the man. Last August, Vanalen was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of second-degree Unlawful Imprisonment for encircling his arms around a man, and holding him for 10 to 15 minutes and not allowing him to leave Vanalen's residence.