Slide show on Crete offered
Ed and Carol Sheridan will be offering a slideshow presentation this weekend of their recent trip to the island of Crete in the Mediterranean.
Their illustrated talk is to be offered to the public at 7 p.m. Friday, May 27 at the Bolton Free Library. Their trip included climbing two of the highest mountains and hiking down through the Samaria Gorge.
We hear that the Sheridans enjoyed great weather, food and wine in their expedition.
Ed Sheridan, who is an accomplished photographer, will narrate the presentation and is likely to boost locals' understanding of the culture and people of Crete, as well as conveying any challenges they may have encountered along their trek.
Chrissy's Chairs debut Saturday
The unveiling of this year's lineup of decorated Adirondack Chairs to be auctioned for charity will occur Saturday, May 28 at Sweet Pea Farm Perennials and Art Gallery.
The event is set for 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the farm - located at 121 Federal Hill Road, Bolton Landing - and the public is urged to come meet artists. Refreshments will be served at the reception.
Among those donating their artistry, include: Bonnie Donnelly, Eric Tobin, Esmond Lyons, Janine Thomas, Jen Montgomery, Joyce Cleveland, Ken Wheeler, Laura Neadle, Lisa Kelly, Lyn Underhill, Nan Kopels, Pam Kenyon, Pauline O'Connell, Rob Harriman, Sue Brentz, Mary Ann Ganter, Mary Jean Smith, Mary Perry, and Mike Huck.
The decorated chairs will be on display throughout Bolton Landing until they go up for auction in August for charity.
The benefit auction is set for 4:30 to 8 p.m. Aug. 20 at the new Bolton Conservation Park. The event features entertainment by the Stony Creek Band.
The proceeds are to the benefit Cindy's Comfort Camp, the 2011 recipient of the proceeds from the Christine Perry Foundation.
Cindy's Comfort Camp, held at Hole in the Woods Ranch in Lake Luzerne, is an overnight camp for children and teens who have experienced the death or serious illness of a family member.
Stony Creek Band set to perform
On Saturday, June 11, the Stony Creek Band is to perform at Veterans Park in Bolton.
The concert is during the Bolton Bike & Art Fest, which starts Thursday, June 9 and runs through Saturday, June 11. This debut event will feature local artwork, music, food, leather goods, and used motorcycles during the regional Americade rally. For details, contact the Bolton Landing Chamber of Commerce at 644-3831.
Beautifying Bolton Landing
Flowers and decorative seasonal banners are now appearing through town, and thanks go to volunteers of the Bolton Landing Business Association for once again enhancing the appearance of downtown for the enjoyment of all.
'Welcome Back' luncheon set
The Bolton Seniors Club's annual Welcome Back Snowbirds & Birthday Luncheon is set for Wednesday, June 15 at the Lakeside Lodge in Bolton.
Set to begin at noon, the Bolton Seniors will welcome back their "snowbird" members, or those who migrated over the winter to warmer climates and have now returned to the North Country.
Also, 11 seniors whose birthday date ends with a zero or five will receive a special recognition. The menu includes a beverage, pasta salad with a choice of five sandwich items from the Lakeside menu, plus birthday cake and coffee or tea. The cost including tax and tip is $16 for members. Contact Pat Merchant at 644-9359 or Lorraine Lefeve at 644-9247 to make a reservation and arrange for payment. Payments for luncheon selections should be made by Friday, June 10.
Bingo resumes for season
For those who enjoy relaxing games of chance, weekly Bingo sessions at Blessed Sacrament Church will be resuming soon for the 2011 season.
The events are held Thursday evenings from June 2 through Sept. 8 at the church sanctuary on Goodman Ave.
The doors open 6 p.m. and games begin at 7 p.m. Admission of $5 includes one set of regular game cards. Minimum age is 16 if accompanied by a parent or guardian. On graduation weekend, the session is changed from Thursday, June 23 to Friday, June 24 due to baccalaureate services.
Bolton Seniors' activities set
• Wednesday, June 1 - Business meeting , 10 a.m. at Senior Center. Lunch, noon at Mealsite - Call 644-2368 if attending.
• Wednesday, June 8 - Spring Cleanup, 10:30 a.m. at Bolton Senior Center. All groups using the center are invited to attend. Lunch will be served at the center when the tasks are complete.
• Monday, June 13 - Picnic and cruise aboard the Mohican on Lake George. Gather in Rogers Park at 5:30 p.m. for the picnic, board the boat at 6:30 p.m. for the free, town-sponsored cruise from 7 to 9 p.m.
• Tuesday, June 14 - Trip to Saratoga Racino. Call Pat Merchant at 644-9359 for a reservation or details.
• Wednesday, June 15 - Welcome Back Snowbirds luncheon, noon at Lakeside Lodge. $16. Call Pat Merchant 644-9359 or Lorraine Lefeve at 644-5279 for details.
• Wednesday, June 22 - Seagle Colony season concert preview, 1:30 p.m. at the Marcella Sembrich Studio. Lunch, 12 p.m. at Frederick's Restaurant.
• Monday, June 27 - Free movie, 7:30 p.m. at the Bolton Library, Lake Shore Dr.
• Wednesday, June 29 - Miniature Golf at Hillbilly Golf, Lunch at Country Meadows. $11. Meet at the Bolton Senior Center at 9:30 to carpool.