At the recent Bolton Landing Chamber of Commerce auction, Skip Lower poses with Carol Sheridan and a mixed berry pie she baked for the event. Lower bid the pie up to $175 in the fundraiser.
Benefit auction raises cash for Chamber
The Bolton Landing Chamber of Commerce’s annual auction was held Tuesday Sept. 10 at The Sagamore Resort and event officials said this week it was a “huge success” due to the area businesses and individuals participating.
Attendance at the auction exceeded 120 people and the silent and live auctions yielded more than $9,000.
One of the notable highlights of the evening was when event deejay Andy Pratt auctioned off a mixed berry pie baked by Carol Sheridan, and resident Skip lower bid the pie up to $175. Carol’s pies have become a tradition and Skip and several other local residents, have paid handsomely for them.
The drawing for the Harley Davidson Sportster motorcycle and trailer was conducted at the conclusion of the evening. The winning ticket holder is a man from Mattituck, NY on Long Island.
Harvest Fest to feature bed & canoe races
Bolton’s annual Harvest Festival is scheduled for Saturday Oct. 5 from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Bolton Conservation Club. Once again, bed and canoe races will be featured, along with an apple dessert contest, apple cider press demonstrations, square dancing, children’s activities, storytelling. The event features a community meal with attendees bringing pot-luck dishes to share and the younger set making s’mores. Participants are encouraged to bring along local produce to contribute to the “stone soup” to be concocted and served.
For details, contact Susan Wilson at 644-3056 or: firstname.lastname@example.org. The event is sponsored by the Bolton Conservation Park Committee and the Town of Bolton Recreation Commission.
Bolton Senior activities scheduled
• Wednesday, Oct. 2, 10 a.m. sign-ups, meeting at 10:15 a.m., program at 10:30 a.m. Speaker is Matt Sprow of Up Yonda Farm providing an overview of the facilities events and programs. Our club members have been asked to help plan activities and group visits. Lunch follows at Bolton mealsite.
• Thursday, Oct. 3 — Trip to Saratoga Racino. Call Pat Merchant at 644-9359 by Sept. 23 for a reservation.
• Saturday, Oct. 5 — Bolton Harvest Festival, 2 p.m.- 10 p.m. at Bolton Conservation Club. Event features apple dessert baking contest, pot luck meal, bed and canoe races, family activities. Details are posted in this column.
• Saturday, Oct. 5 — Hayfield bus tour to Lake Placid featuring Olympic venues and High Falls Gorge; lunch on one’s own. Cost: $42. Contact Al for details.
• Monday, Oct. 7 — Bus trip to Wildlife Center at Tupper Lake with the Kingsbury Seniors. For details, Contact Sandy at 747-9352. Cost: $21, lunch on one’s own.
• Thursday, Oct. 10 — Bus trip to Bennington, Vt. with Queensbury Seniors. Cost: $45. For details and reservations, contact Lorraine at 644-9247.
• Wednesday, Oct. 16 — Surprise Fall Carpool Trip. Details to follow. RSVP: call Lorraine at 644-9247.
• Wednesday, Oct. 23 — SUNY Adirondack luncheon. Cost: $10. Sign up at senior club’s business meeting.
• Wednesday, Oct. 30 — Bowling, 10 a.m. at SpareTime Lanes, Lake George. Lunch details to be determined.