Acclaimed pianist Thomas Pandolfi will perform the final concert of the season at Sembrich Studio on Saturday, Sept. 3. The performance is to begin at 7:30 p.m. The cost is $25. Pandolfi has selected works by Liszt, Scriabin, Chopin and Gershwin.
The Sembrich closes out the 2011 season with a Members Appreciation Night at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 14 with the screening of the film "Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey," followed by music for theremin — an electronic instrument — and piano by Jason Smeltzer and Wayne Smith. The exclusive members-only event is free.
Farmers’ market ends
The last farmer’s market for the 2011 season in Bolton Landing is to be held Friday, Sept. 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church parking lot.
Everyone is urged to stop by and pick up items from their favorite vendors. Also, those who haven’t experienced this produce market are urged to do so. This venue has turned into a very popular spot on Fridays to meet up with old and new friends, as well as purchase the finest produce and other locally produced items.
PTO carnival set
The Bolton Central Parent-Teacher Organization is sponsoring a “Kick Off Carnival” on Saturday, Sept. 10 from 3 to 9 p.m. The event includes rides, games, prizes, food, entertainment and much more. Those who are interested in renting booth space, contact Melanie Persons at 644-3092
A number of upcoming events, dear to the hearts of many, are worth taking special note of. There is likely to be great food, lots of laughs and intriguing auctions at the Bolton Landing Chamber of Commerce’s auction dinner Tuesday, Sept. 13 at The Sagamore Resort. To attend or donate an item to be auctioned, call the Chamber at 644-3831.
All are invited to the Bolton Community Garden harvest festival to celebrate the conclusion of the garden’s debut year.
The event, planned for Sept. 24 at the Conservation Center, includes a barbecue, square dancing, and activities including pressing apples, and games for children.
All are welcome to join the annual Steven Chapman Memorial Ride, set for Sunday, Sept. 11. The event is intended to raise money to fund scholarships for Bolton youth. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. at Rogers Park and the ride begins 10 a.m., rain or shine. There’s a $20 donation for the family-oriented ride which accommodates all types of vehicles. A buffet and take-a-chance auction will follow at 2:30 p.m. at Frederick’s Restaurant. For details, call 796-7163 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Those seeking to donate items for the auction, call 644-5004.
• Tuesday, Sept. 6 — Bolton Seniors club business meeting, 10:30 a.m. at the Bolton mealsite. Meeting was scheduled as such due to conflicting dates and activities. Lunch to follows. Call 644-2368 a day ahead to reserve a meal. Sign-up sheets for September and October trips will be available. Excursions planned include: Oct. 1, “Eating through Vermont;” Oct. 4, trip to Cooperstown with Queensbury Seniors; Undetermined date: Saratoga-North Creek train ride; and Oct. 8 and 9: Thurman Fall Farm Tour.
• Wednesday, Sept. 7 — Washington-Warren-Hamilton counties Senior Picnic, Glens Falls Elks Club Lodge, Cronin Road, Queensbury. Free, but attendees must sign pre-register. Call the Pratt's at 644-9459.
• Tuesday, Sept. 13 — Trip to Saratoga Racino with Lake George Seniors. Call Pat Merchant at 644-9359.
• Wednesday, Sept. 14 — Presentation by Ed Sheridan on his trip to Crete, 10:30 a.m. at the Bolton Senior Center. Turkey & fixin’s lunch at meal site. Call 644-2368 for a reservation.
• Thursday, Sept. 15 — AARP Safe Driver Course, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.am. at the Bolton Senior Center. Call Al Franz at 644-2033 for details or a reservation.
• Tuesday, Sept. 20 — Hick's Apple Orchard and lunch at AJ's in Granville. Museum visit following lunch. Carpool from the Senior Center at 10 a.m. Cost: $5.00
• Wednesday, Sept. 21 — Movie and/or Bingo and lunch, 10:30 a.m. at Bolton Senior Center. Call 644-2368 for details or reservations.
• Wednesday, Sept. 28 — Bowling at Sparetime Lanes in Lake George, starts at 10 a.m. Lunch to follow at Chinatown Restaurant, Queensbury.