As North Creek developed into a bustling hamlet in the 19th and 20th centuries due to the successes of the tanneries, timber industry, the railroad, and tourism, several entrepreneurs saw the need for automobile garages. Louis Pereau and his sons Claude and Charles operated Pereau’s Garage and an auto showroom on this location. The garage was an agent for Ford, Overland, Maxwell, and Studebaker cars and trucks and stood to the left of this building. Before being converted into the present day Town Hall, this building was the auto showroom and sold Hall’s Quality Ice Cream. On the property to the right is where Claude Pereau’s home stood before its conversion to a parking lot. A later photograph taken in the 1940s shows a simple building on that same property in which George Sanders operated his Quick Lunch stand offering home cooking and refreshments. By the 1950’s the auto showroom building was in poor shape. For a short time between its use as the showroom and the Town Hall, it functioned as a jail space. The building was converted into Town Hall between the late 1950s and 1960s. The back of the building became the front section of the library in 1996, with an addition completed in 1999.